Is Sri Lanka cricket finally blooming and coming into its own? The Sri Lanka National Cricket Team is on the way to proving their strength and persistence from young talents on the way to competing with their biggest opponents like India, Pakistan, or Australia.
Sri Lanka National Cricket Team
ICC Teams Rankings
What Experts Say about Sri Lanka National Cricket Team
Don’t know Sri Lanka national cricket team is a good bet, here are some predictions and evaluations from experts and professionals.
- Matthew Hayden: “Sri Lanka have a very good team with a lot of potential. They have a number of world-class players, including Kusal Mendis, Pathum Nissanka, and Dinesh Chandimal. They also have a good mix of batsmen, bowlers, and all-rounders. I think Sri Lanka will be one of the teams to beat in the next few years.”
- Shane Warne: “Sri Lanka is a very dangerous team. They have a lot of match-winners in their side. If they can get everything clicking, they can beat anyone on their day.”
- Michael Vaughan: “Sri Lanka is a very exciting team to watch. They play with a lot of flair and aggression. They also have a number of world-class players in their side. I think Sri Lanka will be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years.”
- ESPN: “Sri Lanka is a team with a lot of potential. They have a number of talented players, including Kusal Mendis, Pathum Nissanka, and Dinesh Chandimal. However, they also have a number of problems. Their bowling attack is not as strong as it used to be, and they have a tendency to be inconsistent. Sri Lanka needs to address these problems if they want to be successful in the next few years.”
- Cricbuzz: “Sri Lanka is a team with a lot of promise. They have a number of young players who are coming through the ranks. However, they need to be more consistent in their performances. Sri Lanka also needs to improve their bowling attack if they want to be successful in the next few years.”
- ICC: “Sri Lanka is a team with a lot of potential. They have a number of talented players, including Kusal Mendis, Pathum Nissanka, and Dinesh Chandimal. However, they need to be more consistent in their performances. Sri Lanka also needs to improve their bowling attack if they want to be successful in the next few years.”
Sri Lanka National Cricket Team Players
Here is a full list of Sri Lanka national cricket team players.
|Dimuth Karunaratne (Test captain)
|Dasun Shanaka (ODI/T20 captain)
|Dhananjaya de Silva
Ref: @BBC sport
Sri Lanka National Cricket Team Featured Players
In over 40 years of international debut, Sri Lanka has created world-class talents and record-breaking players. Here is a list of the top 10 greatest Sri Lankan cricketers, who left a great mark on the cricket pitch.
1. Sanath Jayasuriya
The rank#1 cricketer of the Sri Lanka national cricket team honours Sanath Jayasuriya. He is well known for his overall skills despite his main role as a batter. He was named the most valuable player of the 1996 Cricket World Cup. When looking at his stats, he is the second-highest run-scorer for Lanka in ODI’s and 3rd in Test cricket. Jayasuriya has scored over 20,000 runs in international cricket.
2. Muttiah Muralitharan
When mentioning the best Sri Lanka national cricket team wicket-taker of all time. Murali comes to the top list, with his outstanding performance, with a precise 1,334 wickets taken. On the final ball of his career, he achieved his 800th wicket. Despite criticism around his action of violating any legal bowling rules, he tangled batsmen as no other bowler could.
3. Kumar Sangakkara
One of the key figures in Sri Lanka’s continuous victories calls for Kumar Sangakkara, who contributed to Sri Lanka reaching the finals of the 2011 and 2015 World Cup. He has scored over 28000 runs and is the leading run-scorer for Sri Lanka in both Tests and ODI’s.
4. Mahela Jayawardene
In the history of Sri Lanka national cricket team, Jayawardene brings him many records, including being the first player in the history of Sri Lankan cricket to score over 10,000 Test runs and the second Sri Lankan player to score more than 10,000 runs in ODIs after Sanath Jayasuriya. Now, he is the current consultant coach of the Sri Lankan national team and the head coach of the Indian Premier League franchise Mumbai Indians.
5. Aravinda De Silva
A former captain of the Sri Lanka national cricket team, Silva was one of the most flamboyant batsmen of all time. He was also a prolific run-getter for Kent in County cricket. His blazing innings of 112 in just 95 balls against Lancashire in the Benson and Hedges final in 1995 is remembered for the grandeur of strokeplay on display.
6. Lasith Malinga
One of the best Sri Lanka captains and legendary pacers, Malinga has been one of the brightest cricketers from the Sri Lanka cricket team and impressed all with his bowling action and pace, right from the start of his career. He is the only bowler in cricketing history to take four wickets in four consecutive balls in international cricket.
7. Chaminda Vaas
One of the most successful pace bowlers in Sri Lanka’s cricket history, Vaas gained international recognition when he was selected for the World Test and one-day XI at the inaugural ICC Awards. One of his memorable records related to the 2003 Cricket World Cup, held in South Africa, where he picked up 23 wickets, becoming the leading wicket-taker in the tournament.
8. Arjuna Ranatunga
Another name contributing to Sri Lanka’s greatest cricketing triumph, the 1996 World Cup win is Stocky left-hand batter Arjuna Ranatunga. He was not just a great captain, but also an iconic batsman for the Sri Lankan cricket team. Although he is often remembered for his leadership skills, his batting talent was equally impressive. Despite having an average of around 35 in 93 Tests, his strokeplay through the off-side was exquisite, especially due to his left-handedness.
9. Marvan Atapattu
Maravan Atapattu, overcame a bad beginning to his career to become one of the mainstays of Sri Lanka’s batting line-up, with a record of over 14,000 runs in internationals for them over 16 years and scoring six Test double-hundreds. His style, elegance and correctness distinguish him from other batters.
10. Angelo Matthews
At the bottom of the list of featured Sri Lanka national cricket team, Matthews is the youngest player mentioned here and still playing in the national team. He is one of the most promising all-rounders Sri Lanka has produced in recent times.
Sri Lanka National Cricket Team Honours
Sri Lanka national cricket team won the 1996 Cricket World Cup, and T20 World Cup in 2014, was co-champion in the 2002 ICC Champions Trophy and also became six times Asian champions in 1986, 1997, 2004, 2008, 2014, and 2022.
Best Place for Cricket Betting
Keyword: Sri Lanka National Cricket Team, Sri Lanka National Cricket Team ranking, Sri Lanka National Cricket Team player list